COVID-19 information available here
COVID-19 information available here

Study in British Columbia

Study in British Columbia

Blessed with breathtaking landscapes, British Columbia is Canada’s westernmost province. This is where the Pacific is met by bustling city and towering forest; where mountains give way to picturesque valleys, and where vibrant urban life is fused with the nature that surrounds it.

People from across Canada and around the world love the province’s beautiful scenery and outdoor adventures. British Columbia’s economy is rapidly growing. Between 2017 and 2027, there will be 917,000 job openings. British Columbia has one of North America’s most competitive, flexible, and supportive business climates.

Please visit the links provided about living and studying in British Columbia to make the most of your experience.


  • Translink: RBCo campus is minutes away from Lincoln Station. Skytrain and bus schedules, Trip Planner tool and information about riding and driving in Metro Vancouver can be found at Translink Website
  • Compass card: You will need a Compass Card to use public transportation. It is easy and secure to register and reload your compass card at
  • Skytrain map: The Vancouver Sky Train is a fully-automated, driverless, light rapid transit system with three integrated routes. The modern trains offer fast, efficient service between downtown and Metro Vancouver’s suburbs. Printable map of all SkyTrain Routes (PDF) and Schedules for Expo Line, Millenium Line and Canada Line can be found at

Study Permit

Foreign nationals are required to obtain a study permit for engaging in academic, professional, vocational or other education or training that is more than six months in duration at a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. You should apply for your study permit before you travel to Canada.

Working while studying

Eligible full-time students are allowed to work on- or off-campus for up to 20 hours per week. For further details, please visit the Government of Canada Off-Campus Work Permit web page .

Medical insurance

All students are required to have medical insurance for the length of their studies. BC Medical is available to students who hold a valid study and/or work permits after they have been in BC for a minimum of six (6) months. More information about how to apply, please visit

Activities and recreations

A healthy balance of academics and activities outside of the classroom is key to a successful college experience.

Please contact us for more information if you are interested in any of the trips.